Tuesday 12 April 2011

Quotes about Imitation

Here's the next section of quotes from my book 1000 Great Quotations for Business, Management & Training.


An updated version of the book is newly available as part of my Almost Free Kindle titles both in the UK and in the USA.


No man ever yet became great by imitation.

Samuel Johnson, British poet, critic, lexicographer (1709-1784)



When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

Eric Hoffer, US philosopher, author, longshoreman (1902-1983)





If you steal from one author, it’s plagiarism; if you steal from many, it’s research.

Wilson Mizner, US playwright, author (1876-1933)



We forfeit three-fourths of ourselves to be like other people.

Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788-1860)



The ideas I stand for are not mine. I borrowed them from Socrates. I swiped them from Chesterfield. I stole them from Jesus. And I put them in a book. If you don’t like their rules, whose would you use?

Dale Carnegie, US lecturer, author (1888-1955)

No comments:

Post a Comment